Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Vegas & Ohio Meet-Up

I'm a little late on posting this, but I wanted to share my adventures in LasVegas for the National SDE 'I Teach K' conference.  First, the conference was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  I saw a ton of different sessions and wonderful educators who I follow online-- Shari Sloane, Kim Adsit, and Deanna Jump just to name a few.  Seriously, these women are great and it was so helpful to hear them speak.  I walked away with a notebook and head full of new ideas for my classroom!


On Tuesday of my trip I attended the big LasVegas blogger meet-up, which was hosted by a group of sweet bloggers and sponsored by TPT.  Thank you!  It was fun to see the actual people behind the blogs.  They also gave away a ton of great prizes.  I won a gift certificate to TPT!!  The best part of the night was probably meeting the one and only Deanna Jump!  She is seriously the sweetest person.

Onto another meet-up in Ohio.  On Friday I met up with some local bloggers at a great little restaurant on the docks.  It was a beautiful day so we sat outside and chatted the time away.  It's nice to chit chat about all things school related.  Kate told me about a new must-have teacher supply... FriXion pens.  Seriously, it's an erasable gel pen!  Sign me up!  :)

{Thanks Kate for sharing the picture!}

Here's who joined me at the meet-up: {left to right}




{me}


5 comments:

  1. I went to Target the other days {surprise surprise} and I didn't see the pens, but I did see that they had Frixion highlighters! Happy shopping!!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the picture!! I looked for the Frixion pens at Michaels...no luck. But I do get a little overwhelmed by all the good stuff there. I may not have looked very closely.

    Em

    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to meet you and share ideas. Think my first grade partner and I will use that calendar folder you told me about. I looked for Frixion pens at Walmart, not there. Happy August!
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the Frixion pens at Office Max, ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to totally rock your world or anything but....they have markers too and they erase! Yep. http://www.jetpens.com/Pilot-FriXion-Colors-Erasable-Marker-12-Color-Set/pd/6509

    ReplyDelete