Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Teaching Character Traits

This summer I've been teaching summer school so I've been staying after school a little each day to get my new room ready for the upcoming school year.  {Don't worry-- it's only a half day so I still get plenty of free time.}  This week, however, we have the week off.  This translates into a lot of Pinterest time!

Here is one pin that stood out to me:

I don't use the 7 Habits {although it sounds wonderful} so I created my own set of character traits posters.  I plan to have one set hanging {in my coat closet area} as a constant reminder for my students.  I also plan to have a second set displayed, like the one pictured above, in my group meeting area.  My set has 9 positive character traits so I will teach one per week each marking period.  I think it will do them good to have a trait repeated 4 times throughout the year.  {I also included 2 editable pages in my document so you can add your own.}


Stop on by my TPT store to check it out!  :)
 
UPDATE 8/16/15:  This product is no longer available.  Sorry for any inconvenience.


13 comments:

  1. Our state has mandated character traits we have to teach! Most of them are pretty similar to yours! I hope you are having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think kids need as much character education as we can give them in the classroom. It's great that your state recognizes that. Thanks for the summer well-wishes. It's nice to have a little extra free time! :)

      Delete
  2. Love those character trait posters! I have wanted to switch from the 6 pillars to the 7 habits, but our district insists primary grades use the pillars. I am very interested in your method of using a trait a week for each 9 week, though...it would be like "supplementing" with additional resources! And we could talk about where each of these traits fit under the pillars of character:) Awesome job, Jessica!
    SynonymRolls&AntonymMoments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! I'm really excited about having this displayed in my group meeting area so it will be a constant discussion point. :)

      Delete
  3. Hello

    I am french, i don't speak very well english, but i would like to tell that the pictures are very beautiful. I would like to expose in the school french.
    Can you tell me where do you from the boys and the girls of the picture?

    Thank you and good continuation

    St├ęphanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am unable to find these posters on TpT, please advise. I would love to have them in my counseling office.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am trying to purchase these great character posters. I want to know what I need to do because I can not find them in your store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it on her Teacher's Notebook button. It is $3.50.

      Delete
    2. You found the character posters?

      Delete
  6. I would really like to purchase these character posters. I can not find them on either store. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Situations such as accidents, job loss, the bearing of a babyish are actual accepted in life. All of these incidents could crave big amounts of money in a actual abbreviate aeon of time. Any crisis can be met actual calmly with the admonition of online banknote loans. Cash Advance

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lamentably bikes are only inclined to a greater number of mishaps than other engine vehicles. While we can not secure ourselves totally, we can help by having sufficient bike protection in case of a mischance. When you acquired your bicycle you recognize what you were searching for, you scrutinized the sorts of bicycles, sizes, costs until you found the right one for you. www.usacheckcashingstore.com/costa-mesa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please when would the posters be available?

    ReplyDelete