Photobucket Photobucket photobucket

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dollar Spot Find!

Wow, what a busy first week back from Spring Break!  I can't believe I haven't posted anything for over a week!!

So, I was out and about this morning and went to a Target in a different town.  I told myself I was going in, getting what I was there for, and then leaving... but then something caught my eye in the Dollar Spot!  I found popcorn containers in different colors-- orange, blue, green, and, of course, red.  I proceeded to walk past them and get what I was there for, but I couldn't get them out of my head so you all know how that ended.  :)



I've posted in the past about a popcorn words station, but now there are 4 different colored containers!!!  I don't quite know how to use them, but definitely for a sorting activity.  They could sort nouns into person, place, thing, animal.  Using only 3 of them they could sort into noun, adjective, and verb.  They could also be used for different word families or spelling patterns.

What are your ideas?!

--Mrs. Pollard

2 comments:

  1. I use these containers with my Circus Fun Math Centers. They are great for holding manipulatives and flashcards.
    Erica Bohrer's First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Target this morning and bought some of the popcorn containers...thank you for the wonderful tip.

    ReplyDelete