Photobucket Photobucket photobucket

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Classroom Set-Up... Day 1

Well, the much anticipated day has arrived... I was allowed into my classroom to start setting up!  My amazing husband was my muscle and computer tech for the day.  I'm so lucky to have him!

Here's what I started with:





Here is what it looked like at the end of Day 1:

That black/pink board is my word wall.  On the white board to the right of that will be my calendar on half the board and regular white board on the other half.  (I'm really excited about my calendar this year... I'm totally changing it up!)

That is my desk area on the left.  I will cover the white board to make a display board.  Under the sheet is my Promethean Board.  I'm really excited about the space between my student tables this year... last year I had to squeeze and maneuver through the tables to get to students.

Awww, my wall of windows.  Our building is a pretty weird set-up.  Many of the classrooms don't have windows to the outside so I am fortunate.

What a mess!  This is looking at the back of my room.  My door to the hallway is on the right.  My door to outside is on the left.  One of the things I don't like about setting up my room is how I always have a pile of randomness on my back table-- but it's only Day 1.

I'm pretty satisfied with the progress.  We got all of the furniture set-up and the computers.  It's a different set-up than last year... I really like it!  I started some of the bulletin boards, but ran out of pink paper and the green from the school hasn't come in yet.  My goal for Day 2 is to clean up all the 'stuff' in the back and finish some more decor/labeling.

--Mrs. Pollard

9 comments:

  1. Nicely done!!

    I can't wait to get into my room - still waiting! They put carpeting in during break and I am not too sure how I am going to arrange my room.

    Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing more pictures as you work on it!
    Teresa
    http://thevogelgesangsteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you accomplished a ton! I would love to hear about your plans for switchin' up the calendar time. I really need to do that.
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog - Looking forward to seeing more pictures! :) I'm your newest follower.
    Kristin
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I wanted to say I love your blog name!
    Kristin
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking good! You got a lot done :) I am loving all of the board space you have. Keep up the good work!

    Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you thought of making curtains for your windows? Those bars look magnetic, so you could hang sheets or create simple ones out of fabric and put them on magnetic hooks!

    Miss B, Busy Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love curtains, but we aren't allowed. I think I'm already pushing it with my palm tree and lamps! Gotta love those fire marshals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this was last year, but you're inspiring me for this year! Your bar from Ikea with the pencils and erasers... is that magnetic? if not... how did you adhere it to your desk?

    ReplyDelete