Here's what I started with:
Here is what it looked like at the end of Day 1:
That black/pink board is my word wall. On the white board to the right of that will be my calendar on half the board and regular white board on the other half. (I'm really excited about my calendar this year... I'm totally changing it up!)
That is my desk area on the left. I will cover the white board to make a display board. Under the sheet is my Promethean Board. I'm really excited about the space between my student tables this year... last year I had to squeeze and maneuver through the tables to get to students.
Awww, my wall of windows. Our building is a pretty weird set-up. Many of the classrooms don't have windows to the outside so I am fortunate.
What a mess! This is looking at the back of my room. My door to the hallway is on the right. My door to outside is on the left. One of the things I don't like about setting up my room is how I always have a pile of randomness on my back table-- but it's only Day 1.
I'm pretty satisfied with the progress. We got all of the furniture set-up and the computers. It's a different set-up than last year... I really like it! I started some of the bulletin boards, but ran out of pink paper and the green from the school hasn't come in yet. My goal for Day 2 is to clean up all the 'stuff' in the back and finish some more decor/labeling.