Photobucket Photobucket photobucket

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Monster Mania 2

Earlier, I blogged about our money, monsters, and robots theme this week.  Today we made robots to go with our reading story "My Robot".  We also made our own monsters today and brainstormed adjectives and verbs to go with our monsters.  Tomorrow we will use these words to write cinquain poems.  We will also make a Double Bubble Map comparing and contrasting robots and monsters.  The kids are obsessed with this all!  I also got really good stories from them yesterday about where the monster went when the kid in the story told him to go away (Go Away, Big Green Monster!).

I know this looks like complete chaos, but the kids think it's the greatest thing ever.  They LOVE their robots and monsters.


(I love the arms on that left robot... such personality, just like the student!)



Here are my bags of 'Monster Munch' that the kids will buy with fake money on Friday.  I posted the labels in a previous post.

3 comments:

  1. Is your next story Tumbleweed Stew? I think we have the same reading series.

    Erica Bohrer's First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, our next story is "On the Job with Dr. Martha Smith". We have the blue Harcourt reading books. I like the title of your next story, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ok, our's is an older Harcourt series. It is Collections and is yellow. My Robot is in it for soft c. This week we are doing Little Bear's friend. I teach using the Literacy Block model and use the series as a theme or guide for my centers and phonics for the week. Then I pull the kids for guided reading and try to find books on their level that have the same theme or phonic element. Our district would like to get rid of it, but I feel it contains quality children's literature.
    Erica Bohrer's First Grade

    ReplyDelete