Photobucket Photobucket photobucket

Friday, March 25, 2011

Word Endings

My school uses Thinking Maps.  They are a really great way for kids to organize their work.... and they are used beginning in K so kids become very familiar with them!  This week for Working with Words, I am doing a lesson on adding endings to words.  This is a Tree Map for my students to record the original word and how it is changed by the endings.  (There are 2 on one page in an effort to save paper.)


(Earlier today I spotted an awesome post from The Teacher Wife blog.  She's got 2 really cute word endings posters and 4 games in the pack for sale on TPT for $3.50.)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing! I teach third and we still work on word endings as well as using Thinking Maps!
    Nancy Wilson
    nancydwilson@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use Thinking Maps, too! I haven't heard of anyone else who knows them as anything other than graphic organizers. :) I found you through your adorable blender on Pinterest. You'll now be updated in my blog roll!

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Payday money advances, day and Fitting monetary loans, additionally to Automobile construct monetary loans. the majority focus on aiding you how title loans work decide on for the right loan product or service that may assist you to satisfy your own economic wishes.

    ReplyDelete